09 July 2011

Shot 065-067 Shot Continuity Test


Shot 065-067 continuity version 2.
Shot 65: Roughs by Dana Corrigan. Clean up/Ink and colors by Chrystal Giambastiani
Shot 66: Roughs by Ryan Gatts. Clean up/Ink by Dana Corrigan. Colors by Katie Jones
Shot 67: Roughs by Kelsey Norden


UPDATE: Started shot 67 at point of impact instead of showing Cyrus coming in from the right, to see if that helps more with the flow continuity and keeping the viewer's eye at the center. Does this help?


Shot 65: Roughs by Dana Corrigan. Clean up/Ink and colors by Chrystal Giambastiani
Shot 66: Roughs by Ryan Gatts. Clean up/Ink by Dana Corrigan. Colors by Katie Jones
Shot 67: Roughs by Kelsey Norden

This is just a test to see if Shot 67's profile view flows well with the previous two shots. Since shot 65 and 66 are both from a front view with Cyrus jumping into the camera, and the camera zooming into Cain's face (meant to imply Cyrus' point of view), I think shot 67 flows well and shows nice impact. But before we start cleaning it up, I wanted to post it up here for any opinions.

2 comments:

hey Dana! This is looking great, and it's awesome to see you're back on animating.

Unfortunately, I disagree with shot 67's flow. I don't think it works as well as a different angle might. I would try the shot from a 3/4 back view on Cain (so we see Cyrus from the front) or a 3/4 back view on Cyrus.

Hi Tito!

Thank you! We're slowly moving back into the pilot's production, and hoping to gain momentum in the near future.

Yeah I agree. I like how the animation looks and it follows the storyboards, but something was bothering me about it which was why I wanted to get second opinions.

I've been watching and rewatching it, and I'm having the same concern that the action doesn't seem to flow quite right now that it's animated. It seems that the action shifts from center of the screen to the right too abruptly.

I uploaded a second version that starts right at the point of impact - which starts both characters off at the center of the screen. Do you think that helps, or should it switch to 3/4? My only concern with 3/4 is that it might be hard to find an angle that shows the impact without limbs getting in the way or risking a jump cut with shot 68 (which is a 3/4 close up of Cain)

Thanks again for your advice! I really appreciate it!

Post a Comment