26 November 2011

Rori Color Options


I'm in the midst of character redesigns, and for most I have a general concept of what their colors will look like. However, with Rori's color scheme Yesenia Carrero and Tracy MacLauchlan made a good point that black and white colors are very modern and might feel out of place in a medieval world. I was also asked to reconsider Rori's two-toned hair and possibly just keeping it a solid color.

For her general color scheme, I was still in the middle of figuring out her final design so the outfit above is a little different than the one she ended up with. I referenced the color schemes of real wolves, avoiding very light or white wolves because I always pictured Rori to be a primarily dark wolf.

For the bottom color scheme, it's from an illustration that will be uploaded onto here in the near future. For here, I experimented with three of the more popular hair color combinations to see how they would look in a full color drawing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment