26 November 2012

Shadocon 2012

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope your day was filled with stuffing!

In my last post, I mentioned that this post was going to talk about Shadocon 2012.  I didn't have an art table there, as I didn't know about the convention until after the tables were already sold out.  Whenever I can't get a table, I usually spend the weekend networking and giving out Fate Saga postcards. 

With that in mind, I had the honor and pleasure of meeting some very talented and interesting people, such as Egoraptor (a fun and hilarious digital animator who's animated works include Awesome Series and Sequelitis), Doug Walker (otherwise known as the Nostalgia Critic) and Sean Schemmel (a voice actor who is best known for his role as Goku's second voice in Dragon Ball Z).  I also got to speak with Scott McNeil, who frequents a lot of the Florida conventions.  Being that he's from Canada, it's pretty neat that he's willing to come all the way down South to see us, and he's a lot of fun to talk to. 

I also had a chance to see Johnny Yong Bosch, who is attached to Fate Saga as the lead character, Cain Strata.  His band, Eyeshine, had an exciting performance at Shadocon on Saturday night along with their opening band, Random Encounter.  I had known of Random Encounter since one of my first Metrocons, when they played in the Dealer's Room (where anime-related merchandise, such as DVD's, figurines, posters, etc. are sold).  It made for a great evening, and both bands are a pleasure to talk to in person.

The convention I will be going to is Holiday Matsuri in Orlando, FL.  I don't have an art table for it and I will only be going for Saturday and Sunday, but it's going to be fun!  I'm looking forward to it!


My best friend, Justin, and myself posing with Johnny Yong Bosch and his bandmates from Eyeshine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment