15 July 2013

Supercon 2013 and Blog Updates

Over the July 4th weekend, I was in Miami, Florida for Supercon.  First off, a big welcome to our new viewers!  Feel free to stick around and check out the blog.  If you like what you see, please Like us on Facebook and follow our group on DeviantART!

For those who may be new - Fate Saga is a pitch project for an original animated series.  I have been developing the story and characters for a long time, and this blog was originally created when I was working on my MFA Thesis in graduate school.  Thus far, we have pitched to Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and have overall had positive reactions.  We have also had the honor of recruiting some fantastic voice actors for the project, including Johnny Yong Bosch, Steve Blum, Grey DeLisle, Keith David (conditionally), Kevin Schon, Scott Smith, Casey Mongillo, Celia Sullivan and Ashley Sahler,  

On this production blog, you will find animated trailers, voice tests, information on our voice actors and crew, storyboards, animatics, character designs, sketches, fan art, the step-by-step process of some of Fate Saga's illustrations, general merchandise and more!

As for Supercon, the convention went very well!  It was exciting to see so many new people, especially those who were from a different area and who weren't familiar with Fate Saga or me.  Fate Saga received a lot of interest, which was wonderful!

There are also a few new updates to the blog.  I am working to try and unite the different social media outlets, including DeviantART, Tumblr, YouTube and Facebook, to make it easier to navigate to them from this blog.  Along the right side column, a link to DeviantART and YouTube have been added.  Once the Tumblr page is set up, that will also be included.

Currently, the next convention Fate Saga will be set up at is Anime Festival Orlando 2013.  More information about it will come as we get closer to the event.  I hope to see you there!


Armand versus Cyrus commission I purchased from Nathaniel Perry, at Miami Supercon.  He did an a-maze-ing job with it!  I always like to grab a commission when I go to a convention, and when I saw his work I knew I had to commission him for Fate Saga.  I had given him the option to draw any two characters from the story and he chose Armand and Cyrus.  I love the motion, and how fitting their facial expressions are to the characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment