05 August 2013

Fanboy Expo 2013

Larkspur, by Shawn Harbin

I went for one day to Fanboy Expo 2013 with a close friend of mine, to check out the convention.  I didn't have an art table for this convention, as I wanted to see how big the event was, and what it was like.  It was pretty small, but still pretty impressive for a first year.  It was fun meeting some of the celebrities, such as the wrestling announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler and the voice actor Rodger Bumpass, who brings Squidward to live in Spongebob Squarepants, not to mention Dr. Light in Teen Titans and other characters.  

One of the special guests is a pal of mine and creator of the comic series, The Dungeon - Shawn Harbin.  I met him at Megacon a few years ago, and he's a swell guy.  The Dungeon is his pet project and beloved creation, just as Fate Saga is to me.  He already have several comic issues complete.  While we were at Fanboy Expo, we did an art trade.  I drew The Dungeon's Lace Wings and Brahmabull, and he drew Fate Saga's Larkspur!

Just as a reminder, Fate Saga will be set up in the artist alley in Orlando, Florida for Anime Festival Orlando, on August 16-18.  I look forward to seeing you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment