22 September 2013

Manga Studio Test: Bianca

So about a two weeks ago, Tracy showed me a program that I had heard about, but never used called Manga Studio.  There was a huge sale on their 4EX software and, after hearing rave reviews from her regarding how much this program speeds up the inking process, I had to give it a go.  A good sale and a program that can speed production?  Worth a shot!


Anyway, I do have to say I agree with her.  Inking on here is a blast.  I'm still getting the hang of the pen brushes, tones, pencils and the overall layout of the work space, but I can see why people like it.  For Bianca, I used School Brush, and several grey and white tones.  For the background, I was trying to get a fiery/magic-y pattern going.  I still have a ways to go before I get used to using tones appropriately.  Right now I'm not sure when's a good time to use any of the graphicy tones, like dots and lines and such.  I'm sure that'll come with practice.

For now, enjoy some screen-toned comic-panel practice Bianca!




0 comments:

Post a Comment